Simple steps you can take to strengthen your immune system and stay safe.
You’ve heard it and probably used it yourself the phrase “prevention is better than cure”.
So true, it’s much easier to keep our immune system stronger then trying to recover from a seasonal, acute, chronic, or other ailments.
While doing research I came across this recording from Dr. Bland, I had to share it with you. He talks about the short & long term (as much as we can know at this time) effects of COVID on our overall health.
I believe that to make informed decision you need to gather information, especially information from a credible sources, and look at it from different angles.
In this article from Science Magazine: “The U.K. genetics study did not confirm that the ABO variants affect the odds of severe disease. Some studies looking directly at blood type, not genetic markers, have reported that type O blood protects against COVID-19, whereas A blood makes a person more vulnerable. It may be that blood type influences whether a person gets infected, but not how sick they get, says Stanford University geneticist Manuel Rivas. In any case, O blood offers at best modest protection. “There are a lot of people with O blood that have died of the disease. It doesn’t really help you,” says geneticist Andre Franke of the Christian-Albrecht University of Kiel, a coleader of the NEJM study.”
I do feel a bit safer after reading this article, since I have O negative blood type🙃
The bottom line is keep your immune system strong, do whatever you need to do to keep yourself safe, do not get COVID19.
I can’t talk about immune system strength and not mention pain, especially if you’ve been living with constant chronic pain. Chronic pain is a continuous stress to your body and it can effect on your immune system function.
If you are taking steps to strengthen your immune system by taking supplements, relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, please make sure to also concentrate on addressing your pain.
And if you want to be proactive and stay safe, here are few suggestions for you to strengthen your immune system:
- Regular moderate exercise has shown to keep your immune system strong. On the other hand very high intensity exercise can do opposite. It can actually weaken your immune system.
- I don’t have to tell you that eating variety of fruits and vegetables plays an important role in your immune system, strengthening natural fighting mechanisms.
- One of my favorite immune boosting drinks is a shot of raw garlic, ginger, lemon, and cayenne (honey optional) .
- Did you know that according to The University of Queensland a positive attitude can strengthen your immune system and even may help you live longer
- Biocidin Throat Spray is a botanical formula with broad spectrum activity for seasonal wellness. It is great as a throat soother and supports healthy immune defenses. Research on this formula showed a 66% increase in immune activity after a single use.
- Taking immune boosting supplements daily or around cold & flue season is highly recommended. Below supplements are suggestions, and if you are under medical doctors care, taking medications please consult your medical doctor before taking any supplement to make sure they won’t interfere with your medications.
Foundational support for healthy cellular response, tissue health, antioxidant status, and cytokine production‡ Turmeric, Vitamin D, black ginger, broccoli sprouts are some of the well researched ingredients Balanced Immune.
- Besides it’s effects on calcium absorption and bone homeostasis, Vitamin D plays an important role in our immune function. To increase it’s absorption make sure the D you are using has vitamin K in it and you are taking it with meals.
To increase Vitamin D in your body it’s also important to go outside without any lotion or sunscreen 10-20 minutes a day.
PS: In this article find out more suggestions and tips on how to boost your immune system naturally.
PPS: Colostrum has shown to have immune boosting benefits,