Is New Year the Perfect Time to Reset Your Health Goals?
It’s been said that January is a time for new beginnings, a time of optimism and hope. It is a time when we allow ourselves to imagine what we can accomplish and how we can be better than before. We all want to make our lives better and do things differently. To build a sustainable, healthy habit, there has to be a reason behind it, a purpose. It should also be something you enjoy doing.
Let's discuss how should you be starting your New Year on a healthy note!
Pros & Cons of Beginning Your New Year Resolutions in January
Where You Should Start with Your New Year's Resolution if You Haven't Decided Yet
This is the most common question on the internet. And it's not always easy to answer.
The best way to start is to think about your habits. What are the things you do every day? What are you reactive to? Are you an all or nothing person? How many times have you made the same resolution and quit?
For example, some people have a habit of eating too much unhealthy food after work while others have a habit of skipping workouts on weekends. You can start by identifying these patterns and replacing them with new habits that will be good for your health goals.
How to New Year Resolutions
Step by step on how to set your Starting the New Year on a Healthy Note goals and succeed.
- Know why your goal matters? What would you win or lose, what’s at stake? (Example: cut down sugar to decrease inflammation in the body which would help with joint pain)
- Understand what you need to do to achieve that goal and set out a timeline for doing so. (Example: instead of putting 3 tsp of sugar in my coffee or tea put 1 tsp, instead of dessert after a meal have a piece of fruit)
- Get a goal partner, someone that has a similar goal and you can help each other achieve your goal
- Set key milestones and celebrate them. (Example: being sugar free for 10 days )
- Know what you need to sacrifice to achieve your goal
- Keep a scoreboard, make it fun
- Celebrate your accomplishments, your win. It will keep the momentum.
What are some simple health resolutions that you can set for yourself and make sure to succeed?
One thing to keep in mind is that we are individuals and our idea of healthy habits and healthy eating varies. For someone making a healthy choice could mean drinking 2 sodas a day instead of 3 or 4, For others, adding just 1 vegetable to their diet is an accomplishment.
We should never compare ourselves to anyone else because every person’s journey is different. Comparing yourself to other people is not only detrimental for your self esteem, but it can also lead to feelings of jealousy, inadequacy, and depression. The only person you should compare yourself to is the person you were yesterday.
Taking small steps and sticking with them!
If you’ve been eating healthy, doing moderate exercise and want to take your health to the next level then this is for you: 30 day easy to follow cleanse, here's a step-by-step guide to help you stay on top of it. Decide which cleanse kit is best for you and if you are not sure and have questions please put them in the comments below and I'll get back to you. Or contact me directly
Ps: You may be interested in Detoxing for beauty or health article