Is New Year the Perfect Time to Reset Your Health Goals?
It’s been said that January is a time for new beginnings, a time of optimism and hope. It is a time when we allow ourselves to imagine what we can accomplish and how we can be better than before. We all want to make our lives better and do things differently. To build a sustainable, healthy habit, there has to be a reason behind it, a purpose. It should also be something you enjoy doing.
Let's discuss how should you be starting your New Year on a healthy note!
Pros & Cons of Beginning Your New Year Resolutions in January
Where You Should Start with Your New Year's Resolution if You Haven't Decided Yet
This is the most common question on the internet. And it's not always easy to answer.
The best way to start is to think about your habits. What are the things you do every day? What are you reactive to? Are you an all or nothing person? How many times have you made the same resolution and quit?
For example, some people have a habit of eating too much unhealthy food after work while others have a habit of skipping workouts on weekends. You can start by identifying these patterns and replacing them with new habits that will be good for your health goals.
How to New Year Resolutions
Step by step on how to set your Starting the New Year on a Healthy Note goals and succeed.
- Know why your goal matters? What would you win or lose, what’s at stake? (Example: cut down sugar to decrease inflammation in the body which would help with joint pain)
- Understand what you need to do to achieve that goal and set out a timeline for doing so. (Example: instead of putting 3 tsp of sugar in my coffee or tea put 1 tsp, instead of dessert after a meal have a piece of fruit)
- Get a goal partner, someone that has a similar goal and you can help each other achieve your goal
- Set key milestones and celebrate them. (Example: being sugar free for 10 days )
- Know what you need to sacrifice to achieve your goal
- Keep a scoreboard, make it fun
- Celebrate your accomplishments, your win. It will keep the momentum.
What are some simple health resolutions that you can set for yourself and make sure to succeed?
One thing to keep in mind is that we are individuals and our idea of healthy habits and healthy eating varies. For someone making a healthy choice could mean drinking 2 sodas a day instead of 3 or 4, For others, adding just 1 vegetable to their diet is an accomplishment.
We should never compare ourselves to anyone else because every person’s journey is different. Comparing yourself to other people is not only detrimental for your self esteem, but it can also lead to feelings of jealousy, inadequacy, and depression. The only person you should compare yourself to is the person you were yesterday.
Taking small steps and sticking with them!
If you’ve been eating healthy, doing moderate exercise and want to take your health to the next level then this is for you.
The 30 day My Health Rocks challenge will help you decrease inflammation, improve gut function and microbiome, decrease muscle and joint pain, increase energy, and improve your overall health.
The challenge starts on February 1st and goes till March 2nd
There is 3 ways to participate in the challenge, pick the one that suits your needs best and join us. Let's help keep each other accountable, cheer each other on, and achieve our health goals.
Start a 30 day "My Health Rocks" Challenge
Pick one of the 3 ways to participate and join us.
- 1Start with an anti-inflammatory meal plan, you'll get meal plan recipes weekly to help you make healthy, fast, simple and delicious meals that everyone will love. Details will be emailed to you once you sign up.
- 2Want to take a step further and do a 30 day cleanse alongside the anti-inflammatory plan? You can use your cleansing products if you have and/or prefer a brand that you've used before. Join us for the weekly calls, share your success with us.
- 3Use Biocidin cleansing product bundle. You need to download the Lifestyle Guide, it includes step by step instructions to insure success
- 4Order the 3 required products, the 3 bundles are 20% OFF for the month of January. Purchase here I would suggest the Bioclear Cleansing program with Biocidin liquid or with the capsules if you prefer caps over liquid.
- 5Once a week I will host a LIVE Q&A in a private Facebook group to answer your questions. It will be like having a partner on the same journey. If you can't attend the live session, no worries, you can watch the recording. You'll get the Facebook group invitation once you sign up.
The first meeting will be a Zoom session on January 31st at 9am Pacific Time. I'll go over the anti-inflammatory meal plan, show you how to edit the recipes, it's nutritional details, briefly will go over the guide, the supplement dosages, and other details if you choose to do the cleanse with Biocidin products. Zoom link will be emailed to you once you sign up for the challenge.
Whatever method you choose to participate in this challenge, you'll be supported, cheered, and I'm sure at the end have a success story to share.
Ps: You may be interested in Detoxing for beauty or health article