10 min on a Vibration plate = 10 min walk/50 cal
This would be the results for an average 150lb person walking at 4mph.
What’s so special about a vibration plate, how does it work, why should I use it, is it safe for everyone to use it?
Russian scientist Vladimir Nazarov tested the Whole Body Vibration on cosmonauts in an effort to decrease the loss of muscle and bone mass in space. Since then many articles & studies have been published proving the effectiveness & the efficiency of the whole body vibration plate for many applications: athletics, recovery from surgery, in gyms, hospitals and spas.
Due to subconscious contraction of the muscles more motor units (and the correlating muscle fibers) are activated under the influence of vibration than in normal, conscious muscle contractions. Due to this, muscles are incited more efficiently (Paradisis & Zacharogiannis 2007 ; Lamont et al. 2006 ; Cormie et al. 2006 ; Bosco et al. 1999 , 2000 ; Rittweger 2001 , 2002 ; Abercromby et al. 2005 ; Amonette et al. 2005 
Here are some of the benefits:
- Increases blood & lymph circulation hence increasing oxygen & nutrient transport into the cells and improving elimination of toxins from the body
- Increases bone mineral density by activating osteoblasts (bone building cells), while reducing the activity of the osteoclasts (cells that break bone down)
- Increases metabolism & body’s fat burning capabilities
- Reduces the production of cortisol (stress hormone) and increases serotonin production which regulates your mood, prevents depression, etc.
- Better workout in a shorter amount of time
The whole body vibration plate has many amazing benefits however people with certain conditions should consult their physician before using:
Those with a history of blood clots, active cancer, epilepsy, recent fracture, migraine or women who are or may be pregnant